Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Newest Addition to the Shelf

Aside from the position of honour on the stove for the Le Creuset (I'm thinking that I need to rename the casserole), there are equally honourable positions on the shelves that house my cookbooks.. Top shelf, middle or bottom...

The top houses my family recipe book, given to the three girls on Christmas one year, as well as a compilation of my own Foodies recipes put together by my sister for another Christmas. I also have my cooking notebook and some coloured pens here.

The bottom is where the lesser used but still appreciated books dwell. With very little intention, it seems that this is where the sweets and treats books ended up - Anna Olson's Sugar and the sequel, Martha's Cupcakes, etc.

The middle is the home for my most favourite of the published book variety. My collection of Nigella Lawson's cookbooks, Jamie Oliver books (including the incredibly beautiful Italy), as well as Anthony Bourdain and Frances Mayes culinary journeys. Here I have added to the ranks a very authentic and traditional tome on Italian cooking.


La Cucina: The Regional Cooking of Italy

Click on the title for a review... and if you're brave, you may want to consider adding it to your own collection.

0 thought(s):

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails