Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Crab Salad... or Sandwich


It may have even been months ago now when the discussion of sandwiches came up on the wannafoodie facebook page. Sian described her favourite as crab-salad-on-fresh-crusty-bread. While it may not be your favourite, who's going to say that that doesn't sound appealing? Especially as the days grow warmer and longer, seafood seems to be in high rotation on many dinner circuits. 


Ingredients:
Fresh crab meat (6 ounces seems to be good for about two nicely filled sandwiches)
1 lime and zest
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 tablespoon sundried tomatoes, chopped
2 green onions, finely chopped
Herbs! I used basil one day... mint another (after my mint started growing like a weed).
Nice fresh-crusty-bread :)

Chop, zest, squeeze, pour and combine. hahahah. Really, this isn't complicated stuff here! Chop your ingredients that need chopping, add to the crab meat, zest the lime, squeeze the lime (add the juice), drizzle the oil and stir everything together. Mound on top of your fresh-crusty-bread.





My favourite salad... toasted pecans, goat cheese, cranberries, balsamic and good olive oil. 

8 thought(s):

Debbie said...

This sounds great! I like that there is no mayo in here, it just sounds really fresh!

Isabelle said...

Sounds amazing! One of my biggest pet peeves in sandwiches is an overly mayo-ed up filling, so the fact that there's no mayo at all here sounds lovely (not to mention nice and refreshing with the lime and the fresh herbs). Love it.

Wheels and Lollipops said...

Sounds great, its refreshing to see salads without the mayo, its hides so much of the flavor

julie said...

This sounds delightful. I love that there's no mayo, it makes it so much lighter and more deserving of being a summer dish.

Cookin' Canuck said...

I like that you didn't use mayo and let the flavor of the fresh crab shine through. The sun-dried tomatoes are a nice addition.

Jamie said...

I LOVE fresh crabmeat and just don't take the time to buy and cook a crab! We can get them all year round, too. Delicious! And love this salad recipe. Ooh now I have to ask husband if he'll cook me a crab!

wannafoodie said...

There is a time and a place for mayo but I don't think this is it... enjoy it!

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry it took me so long to say thank you: I finally tried this and it was YUM! Shukriya, chokran, merci, arigatoo! - Sian

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails